Sublette County Unified Fire holds annual Awards Banquet
Chief Gay presenting to Battalion 4 members - most volunteer hours, training hours, and calls attended. Photo courtesy SCUF.
by Sublette County Unified Fire
January 28, 2018
SCUF held its Annual Awards Banquet to recognize many accomplishments from 2017.
Many accomplishments were recognized from last year.
• Department call volume (up from 2016), training and volunteer hours from previous years were revisited.
• 72 Wyoming State Issued Training and 10 Pro Board Qualifications. This is more than any other fire agency in the state of Wyoming!
• Firefighter(s) from each Battalion (1-6) were awarded most volunteer hours, most training hours, highest number of emergency calls and fireman of the year.
• A single volunteer fireman was awarded the Sublette County Unified Fireman of the year for the entire department (Captain Andrew Walker).
• Years of service recognition was given to firemen - the longest being a 40 year anniversary with a department in the county (Deputy Chief John Ball).
• Retirement plaques were handed out to firemen who retired from the department last year.
• On the lighter side, "Good Intention Awards" were handed out to those involved in memorable calls throughout the year that ended up in learning opportunities with good outcomes.
• Commissioner Bousman was a guest speaker for the night with Fire Chief Shad Cooper and the Battalion Chiefs conducting the remainder of the banquet.
Sublette County Unified Fire would like to thank the residents of Sublette County for the privilege of serving our community in 2017 and beyond!
Sublette County Unified Fire Chief