New Pinedale Snow Plowing Policy
by Town of Pinedale
December 16, 2016
The Town Council has implemented a new Snow Plowing Policy for the Town.
The new policy is as follows:
- Roads will be plowed when a storm produces 2 inches or more of snow.
- Pine Street will be plowed when a storm produces 1 inch or more of snow.
- All intersections in Town shall be sanded on the braking or deceleration side after each storm or when the intersections are slick.
- Sanding will be prioritized. Pine Street and the intersections onto Pine will have priority. After the heavily traveled streets have been sanded and plowed all other intersections in Town will be sanded.
- The snow pile in the center of Pine Street shall be removed when it reaches a height of approximately 2-½ feet.
That concludes the new snowplowing policy.
In addition, as a reminder, when removing snow from sidewalks or your driveway, snow may not be deposited into the driving lanes of our streets. Pushing snow into the driving lanes can cause unsafe traffic conditions for citizens and guests to our area. This is prohibited by Town Ordinance 299-7. Please visit www.townofpinedale.us to see Town Code or contact Town Hall for more information at 307-367-4136.