Pinedale Online!

Pinedale on the Web!
Pinedale, Wyoming

Home | Calendar of Events | Photo Gallery | Local Businesses |

Pinedale Online > News > May 2012 > Sparks cause grass fire

Hosing pole. Photo by Dawn Ballou, Pinedale Online.
Hosing pole
Firefighter have the flames out and hose down the power pole from a small grass fire while a Rocky Mountain Power repairman prepares to reconnect a shorted out circuit.

Long pole. Photo by Dawn Ballou, Pinedale Online.
Long pole
The Rocky Mountain Power repairman had the circuit repaired and power restored to the neighborhood very quickly.
Sparks cause grass fire
by Pinedale Online!
May 13, 2012

The Big Piney/Marbleton Volunteer fire department responded to a small grass fire ignited by sparks when a bird apparently shorted out wires on a power pole east of Big Piney on Saturday, May 12th. A repairman from Rocky Mountain Power overheard the fire dispatch call on the radio and was on the scene within minutes. The fire crew hosed down the smoldering grass and power was restored to the neighborhood in less than an hour.

The grass in fields is already very dry in places and fires can spread very quickly. In the past several weeks, firefighters have responded to several controlled burns that have escaped control.

Pinedale Online > News > May 2012 > Sparks cause grass fire

Pinedale Online!
Pinedale Online! PO Box 2250, Pinedale, WY 82941
Phone: (307) 360-7689 or (307) 276-5699, Fax: (307) 276-5414

Office Outlet in Pinedale, 43 S. Sublette

Copyright © 2012 Pinedale Online. All rights reserved.
Pictures and content cannot be used in whole or part without permission.