Encana grants more than $1.19 million to nonprofit organizations in Wyoming
Sublette County organizations receive more than $398,000
by Encana Oil & Gas
March 17, 2012
Last year, Encana Oil & Gas (USA) Inc. remained focused on its commitment to build invaluable relationships, help strengthen communities, and support local businesses. Through its community investment program, Encana gave more than $1.19 million to nonprofits throughout Wyoming, including more than $398,300 to Sublette County organizations.
These contributions reflect Encana’s dedication to help fortify local economies and improve the life of the community. The company focuses on initiatives that generate positive change in the environment, education, and community life.
In 2011, Encana awarded 48 requests to establish proactive partnerships in Sublette County that supported a medley of community initiatives, such as:
• GO3 Foundation Global Ozone project for Big Piney High School
• Providing lifesaving AED’s for Sublette County School District No.1
• School age enrichment programs for the Children’s Learning Foundation
• Big Piney Branch Library’s Summer Reading program
• Pinedale Schools Alternative Placement programs
• Livestock purchase at the Sublette County 4-H Jr. Livestock Auction
Giving back to the people and towns we are a part of is essential to Encana’s core business, and enables us to work deeply with area organizations to solve issues in the community’s best interest and achieve goals with maximum impact.
To learn more about Encana’s community investment program, guidelines and how to submit an application for funding, visit www.encana.com.