by Pinedale Online!
May 19, 2010
Emergency responders were sent out to a haystack fire at the Bootjack Ranch north of Cora on Tuesday evening, May 18. The ranch is owned by Jim and Margaret Noble.
Sublette County Fire Warden T.J. Hunt confirmed the fire was caused by a lightning strike. There were no injuries. Crews from the Pinedale Volunteer Fire Department, the Kendall Valley Volunteer Fire Department, Sublette County Fire Warden TJ Hunt, Sublette County Sheriff’s Office and Sublette County EMS responded. A three-person crew from the Pinedale Volunteer Fire Department stayed on scene until 3:00 AM Wednesday morning monitoring the situation. They returned Wednesday afternoon to check on it. The fire is expected to smolder for several days.