Sublette County Conservation District news
Tree seedlings will be in April 29 & 30
April 15, 2010
If you have ordered seedling trees this year from the Sublette County Conservation District (SCCD), they will be available for pickup on Thursday and Friday, April 29 & April 30 between 9:00am-5:00 pm.
In addition to having tree orders, they will also have some single trees for sale, along with many helpful planting aids. A few other vendors will be there as well, such as one of the local landscapers, an organic farmer with fresh herbs and, hopefully, Wyomatoes with some Wyoming tomatoes for sale.
Stop in and see them, located behind the BLM building in Pinedale (Stromness building) in the garage to the west end of the parking lot.
The April edition of "The Mountain Meadow," a quarterly newsletter by the Sublette County Conservation District, just came out. Here are highlights of the articles:
- Green River Valley Cattlemen-Cowbells "Friend of Agriculture" award to Jennifer Hayward of the Natural Resources Conservation Service in Pinedale.
- Highlights of the SCCD presentation to the Green River Valley Cattlemen’s Association meeting in February 2010.
- Sage Grouse Initiatives and Farm Bill programs
- Range Plant Spotlight – Quaking Aspen
- Wildlife Alert – Discards can endanger wildlife
- SCCD and Air Quality monitoring
- Grazing Workshops
- Biology Corner – Sage Grouse
- SCCD - Who We Are
Click on this link for a printable version of this newsletter (12 pages, 2.31MB PDF, requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view)
For more information contact:
Sublette County Conservation District
PO Box 36
1625 West Pine Street, The Stromness Building
Pinedale, WY 82941
Phone: (307) 367-2257
Fax: (307) 367-2282
www.sublettecd.com - Sublette County Conservation District, Pinedale, Wyoming